Michelle thinks I am selfdestructing and ruining many friendships with the debates about veganism with them. I see why she thinks that way and why she wants to protect me from it. But most of the time, I genuinely hope that by discussing it at least there is a little seed that has sprouted. Unless the recipent is as dense as a wet towel. Which many people are.
Well, to protect myself and the few friendships I have left, I won’t go into the whole “love is not compatible with killing” arguements. Even though I find it genuinely retarded to believe you can love and care for someone and then just kill it because “I like the taste”.
Either way, if the subject would have been anything else than veganism… let’s say transphobia, homophobia or even feminism I would have been applauded by many and encouraged to continue my social justice warrior ways. But no, when it comes to a subject that lets others realize that they are not the only ones living on this planet and should care for the billions of animals that loses their lives based on a consumption that we humans do not need… yea, then I am the bad guy because I offend peoples’ foods.
I will just leave this here:
- There are thousands of alternatives to meat, dairy and egg. You are just lazy to not research it. Oh, you don’t care because you like the taste? I am glad, the taste is spices, which you can literally recreate.
- Oh, meat is easy to come by and vegan food is bland? What do you think vegans eat, grass? Just google vegan bbq, vegan dinner, vegan lunch etc, you will see millions of recipes that look better and are not restricted around a piece of carcass. When you remove the “my dish needs to be centered around a dead someone” factor you are open to a million of options.
- All the nutrients found in meat have other sources. If your body can not take up pure supplements you’d be darned that it can not take up the filthy protein from animals, because surprise, surprise(!) protein is not the only thing you take up from a dead body, you also take up the bad toxins which your body rejects. But tell me more how you suddenly came over a PhD in nutrient values.
- 90% of vegans have better nutrient values when they become vegan than when they were meat eaters.
- You make it how you want to make it. You want to be an unhealthy fat vegan? Go for it, you have a ton of cakes, fat food etc. You want to be a body builder vegan? Go for it, you probably will get better results and feel better than the typical meat body builder. You want to be a normal vegan? Be that then.
I just need to find vegan friends.
This will be the start of a blog series, where I will take screens from various different places – add a few comments I agree to them from either comment sections or myself.
First off, we have a vegan sidekick image, he always does a lot of fun comics to make people realize what they do to animals, themselves and to our planet. But he also sees a lot of mouth diarrhea from people that try to justify killing animals… and this one. Wow, this one just made me realize some people go to very different lengths just to stay consistent.
I added two comments from two individuals that made me realize further how stupid this person was.
I accidentally took a pretty decent blogvacation, because I noticed my blog ended up to be about very angry rants about anti-veganism, anti-feminism, transphobia and homophobia – probably much more but those are the big four – and I noticed that I also got genuinely angry whenever I was writing about those subjects, for example: I was intensely pissed off typing the last Q&A and I really do not want to be angry (sure, once in a while a sneaky angry rant will come back into it) but I do not want my blog to be built out of anger.
So now when we got that out of the way, I am back! I intend to write regularly again and I feel refreshed from trying to choose what things will make me angry and what things will just irritate me instead (I have way too many triggers)…obviously I can never get away from being angry at matters clsoe to my heart but I can choose not to react to it and get myself even more riled up. I will react if my friends, family or people in my surroundings make statements out of ignorance but I will not go out of my way to argue about it with strangers. Seems like a good deal, I might break it though – probably sooner than later, that’s so Nela~. At least this deal helps with vegan issues unless something is directed towards me, on the other hand the antifeminism, transphobia/hate and homophobia/hate I WILL NOT tolerate. You should never be silent!
I enjoy the game Skyforge and more or less my blog is about me, what I like, how I live and my opinions. So why not also write down about the games I enjoy? Yay, nice going Nela, you are on fire!
Anyway, the class- and progression system is really in-depth in Skyforge, you do not get the classes instantly, you have three beginning classes:
From left to right: Lightbinder, Paladin and Cryomancer with respective costume. Support, tank and Damage Dealer. These are given in the beginning, you can even play the whole game as either one of them but you can also grind yourself into new classes! A small sneakpeak of the Ascension Atlas (progression) system – it is so much bigger than this image can tell, but couldn’t get all of it and this is JUST the upper level (there is one class specific atlas ascension page too…):
The darker blue line is just showing me the path to Slayer. Which is another class – you are able to try out all classes in the training room and see where you want to go if you now want to change into a class you enjoy more. And while trying them out and finishing the training program for one or all classes you get the costume the class wear! Gear is not a matter in this game, weapon and rings seem to be the bigger deal to hunt gear for. You have costumes instead. And here are the costumes for all the different classes besides the three already shown (in total it is 13 classes with the beginner ones, these are costumes by the way – not classes, so my character is a lightbinder you might see that by the scepter):
- Bows, bows, bows and moooore bows! Very quick and agile combatstyle, loved it when I tested it out. Second class I will be going for after Slayer.
- This one just made me rethink the whole concept of monk playstyles, it is so fast and so rewarding.
- If you ever want to be a class that holds this massive weapon while doing it in a pretty semifastslow fashion and doing heavy damage… this is for you!
- Tank, pretty cool playstyle, felt like I was a DPS when I tried it out but all those defensive abilities should have made a tankalarm go off – I was probably a bit too slow to understand it, wink~.
- If archer is about bows, gunner is all about heavy machinery. You literally carry this huge ass minigun/rocket launcher/plasma canon. Pretty quick combat but requires you to be stationairy quite often.
- Energy manipulation, straight out of fantasy sci-fi, was pretty darn fun.
- Support, you are a half-mad scientist with access to an arsenal of corrosive chemical compounds and invigorating elixirs. Pretty darn cool, plus you got tentacles coming out of your portable aclhemy laboratory that spits acid!
- This felt really slow to me, but it might not be for others. You use really flashy spells, cool summons and you sacrifice life to deal damage.
- My favourite, so quick combat and you feel more than a rogue, you feel like an assassin!
- Dark sorcery, felt like a DOT (damage over time) class, you have sustained DPS and consumable burst, you run debuffs on your targets all day!
And last but not least, a brief explaination about the classes you can choose from at the start:
- Support, increases ally damage and shielding them from incoming. They do great damage though, you do not feel like “just a support”.
- Tank, they can spamshield themselves, they do a great amount of damage and they have very cool looking abilities.
- This is literally a frostmage, they can move while doing a ton of damage and can crowd control well!
I also enjoy food; today we ate tacos, and… instead of any other meat replacer I put mushrooms (champignons to be specific) on it. It had the flare that it was missing, don’t take me wrong they taste REALLY good with just the vegetables in them but they did gain another good taste with the mushies. We did forget the red onion though, bah. Well, we know that until the next time, woopwoop!
The chopping board misses the red onion, it looks so empty.
My engagement ring is laying next to it, I am always careful to not grease it down~.
Been away for a small period of time, been binge-watching The 100, we stopped when season 2 came out and started it again, soon season 3 will end. Going to bingewatch that too, well probably tomorrow already and then wait until next weeks final episode. Will do a later “Nela Reviews~” for each of the seasons and then the last season next week.
Still really disappointed Lexarke did not happen as I wanted it to, they did kiss yes, hottest scene in the show must say (mostly because both characters spoke to me on different levels), down with Finnarke!
So want them together, do not know if it will happen though. It gotta happen! Not that I think Clarke will forgive her that quick for what she did – which will be told in a later post, aww yiss, we like waiting!
Either Lexa or Bellamy, Bellamy is the mature to Clarke’s growth and Lexa is the ruthlessness she needs to be able to survive. It is a hard choice! Both are valid candidates in my opinion, Bellarke or Lexarke, it is a hard choice. EITHER MUST HAPPEN!
We have been eating very fresh and cold dinners lately, besides today – cold day for once. Been having over 25 degrees during a week or so. Mostly been tacos – only the vegetables and the vegan bread (sliced tomatoes, cucumber, green/yellow bell pepper, red onion, mild salsa sauce and corn (for me, it would probably send Michelle into a really unstable state where I would have to call the ambulance again), and today we ate spaghetti, pasta sauce (with basilicum) with red onion, scallions, mushrooms (for me, yet again) and parsley – on the side it was a bowl with leaf salad and cucumbers topped with garlic sauce.
Me and Mich went on a date today, felt like it was the right thing to do when it is so warm outside. We went to De Zwaan, a hotel/restaurant here in Makkum, and it was really cozy. The atmosphere is amazing there and it was not at all a lot of people, most of them were probably down at the beach, so good for us! It was really warm, yesterday it was insane – apparently Netherlands was the hottest country in the whole Europe – and today it was pretty much the same weather, just a tad bit more wind. It was both warm outside and inside… anyway, we were there for like three hours or so, enjoying ourselves, chatting about everything and nothing.
We started with a couple of drinks, a malibu cola for Michi and a wickse rose for me (fruit beer with no actual beertaste, yay, best summer drink ever) and then we got hungry seeing other people eating food, so we asked for the menu card. We settled with salads, which we had to ask for as a main dish, because usually you get that as an appetizer. So we took a salad with mozarella balls on it – Mich got to eat them and the egg on the side – and a plate with fries on, it was a really nice and filling dinner, thoroughly enjoyed it.
It is so easy to be vegan with dairy products here in the Netherlands, the butter is not made by dairy anyway, even if it is still called butter (when you think about butter you think about dairy butter obviously). It is based on plantbased oil, tastes the same in my opinion and I would not have to stop buying it. But we usually do not buy butter anyway, but we got butter with the dinner today, checked ingredients, plantbased! Win for Nela~
We decided to continue having date evenings/nights from now on, not often though. But at least once or twice per month, we do not spend a lot of money (well lately it has been a lot of good games coming out so a lot of money has sunk into that, but we both know we usually do not spend a lot of money on anything) so it is perfect to go out and eat somewhere. Next date might be a picnic, if we have gotten to fixing my bike, then we might haul up a blanket in a basket, some drinks, fresh food and just head out somewhere. We will see! It will be well documented anyway~
“oh the proud human ape predators, kings of the food chain, with our soft, polished nails and flat little teeth full of cavities and paradentosis, catching zebras on our soft little feet, ripping through the thick skin of buffalos and wilderbeast on the savannah, chewing through the tendons, crushing the bones to suck the marrow, digesting the thick skin, coarse hair, eyes, shit filled intestines, blood and raw organs, while we barely can digest gluten or eggs” – Marta Isabella Luczak
When do we get the documentary? Anatomically correct humans are not even omnivores, our digestive system and bodies are not able to digest meat, in any way. It kills us faster than anything “good” coming out from it.
There is two options you can do when you hear and know about animal agriculture:
1. Be an angry guilty prick and blaming the person for telling you about animal agriculture for blaming animal abuse on you.
2. Take responsibility. Go vegan to be part of the movement to make animals suffer less and our environment thrive.